Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home Alone!


You know what that means! Inventions time!

Today I made my own iPod dock!
I had found an old amplifier in my dad's cupboard (he won't mind). On the back of it, it says 1982 so I presume it is at least 27 years old which makes it even more retro and old-school.

All I had to do is get the right cables (also from my dad's cupboard) and hook it up to some old speakers I found (guess where from!) and my iPod dock (Yes, my iPod dock. I purchased it from Dick Smith. It was on clearance, $20! How could I refuse!) Now that I think of it, my dock has a USB port. I should hook it up to my charger!

Total Cost: $20 (you could probably get cheaper docks off ebay, reducing the cost)

If you didn't have the resources of my father's cupboard available to you, heres what it would cost (approx.)

Old ampifier: Like $10 from the salvo's or the old guy across the street.
iPod Dock with Audio Out: $5-10
Cables: $5
Old speakers: $5
Total: $25

Oh yes I forgot to mention the ultra convenience of having an iPod dock that comes with a remote (which I have ;D)



No comments:

Post a Comment